Instructor: Debra Little
CA’s building codes and energy policy impact the way homes are built and powered. Homes of the future will be high-efficient powered by clean energy – carbon free!
What features differentiate these homes?
What are their BENEFITS – how will they impact VALUE?
How can RE Pros best serve clients in accurate listings & informing buyers?
Effective Jan 1, 2020, CA’s new Title 24 building code includes the significant requirement of solar on new homes. It also requires a 53% increase in energy efficiency and impacts certain remodel and improvement projects. Just as notable, 2020 marks a major pivot in emphasis going forward; from the long-time goal of net zero energy to carbon-free in congruence with:
1- CA’s greenhouse gas reduction targets
2- Evolving electric power grid challenges
This is good news for homeowners and RE pros! The new requirements are win/wins, proven to increase efficiency, reduce total costs of ownership, improve quality, health & safety, comfort, durability, and aesthetics.
This class will equip attendees with a comprehension of specific features that will be typical to carbon-free new and existing upgraded homes and their benefits. They will gain competency in determining value and expertise as trusted guides for their buying and selling clients.
– Resiliency in power outages and extreme weather events
– Health benefits to occupants of clean energy homes
– High performance enclosures
– Switching from gas to electric heating & hot water
– Induction cooking – famous chefs luv it!
– Home performance principles primer
– CA policy changes: What’s happening and why
– Solar, storage, microgrids, EVs and bi-directional chargers
Interested in sponsoring this class?
Click here for sponsorship info