Instructor: George Lawrence
Everything you ever wanted to know about Common Interest Developments and were afraid to ask!
A CID is a certain type of real estate and form of home ownership, that has become more and more common to the American way of life!
There are over 5,000 Common Interest Developments (CID) in the state of California with probably over 10 million people living in them, citing Levy, Erianger & Company’s, 2018 California Community Association Database . This course is designed to give you the competitive and knowledgeable edge when listing or selling a CID property.
This class will help you understand the terminology, governing documents, transferring of ownership, and many other issues when involved in the sale. This course will provide you with vital information that is correct and current needed to serve this unique market.
How you will benefit from taking this course:
- Learn what a CID is and why this has become a popular type of homeownership for so many
- Receive the information needed to show, list and sell a CID property
- Understand the loans and programs available for financing a CID property
- Discover what the necessary documentation is needed by the seller
- Review the disclosure documents that are usually included
This course covers:
- Definition of a CID
- The four types of CIDs
- The Homeowner Association
- Violations and Fines
- Board of Directors (BOD)
- CID Documents
- Transfer fees
- Governing Documents
- Articles of incorporation
- Subdivision Map
- CC&Rs (including use restrictions)
- Rules and Regulations
- Architectural Standards
- Additional disclosures
- Can rules be changed?
- What happens when rules are broken?
- CIDS Management Companies and their roles
- Professional Management
- Full Management
- Financial Management
- Showing and selling CIDS
- Financing for CIDS
- Fannie and Freddie Mac (FNMA/FHLMC)
- Portfolio Lending (Banks lending Depositors’ funds)
- Important HOA factors affecting qualifying buyers
Who should attend:
This course is perfect for any REALTOR® selling a CID property, involved in Property Management, living or sitting on the Home Owner Association as a Board Member
$75 Day Of
Interested in sponsoring this class?
Click here for sponsorship info