Instructor: Bobbi Decker
Class Sponsorship Opportunities Available!
These three (3) requirements must be met to attain and use the SRES® Designation:
1. Successful completion of the two-day SRES® Designation Course.
2. Membership in good standing in the SRES® Council. (New designees receive one-year membership in the Seniors
Real Estate Specialist® (SRES®) Council FREE. Annual dues are $99 each year thereafter.)
3. Maintain active membership status with the National Association of REALTORS® or an NAR cooperating association.
Discover the advantages of NAR’s Seniors Real Estate Specialist® designation.
Build your real estate business with specialized knowledge of the wants, needs and expectations of home buyers and sellers aged 50+. By earning your SRES® designation via the 2-day course, you gain familiarity with these unique buyers and sellers, and connect with a specialized referral network of more than 13,000 REALTORS®.
SRES® Program Information
The SRES® designation course seeks to instill knowledge and understanding of and empathy for 50+ real estate clients and customers.
Develop the business building skills and resources needed for specialization in the 50+ real estate market. The SRES® designation program provides professional training and development suitable for continuing education credit.
SRES® Designation Course Learning Objectives:
- Learn distinguishing characteristics and trends of the 50+ market so that you can discern them in your own market area
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the 50+ market
- Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the 50+ market
- Learn the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA)
- Develop business building outreach methods for communicating and gaining 50+ market share
- Adapt methods for counseling the 50+ buyer and sellers
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters
- Develop sensitivities to 50+ issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve 50+ clients and customers
- Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages
- Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions
- Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50+ real estate decisions
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50+ borrowers
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans
- Successful completion of the two-day SRES® designation course
- Active membership in the National Association of REALTORS®
- 80% passing grade on exam
- SRES Membership Benefits
- Active membership in the SRES® Council.
- (New designees receive one-year membership in the Seniors Real Estate Council® FREE. Annual dues are $99 each year thereafter.)
What You Gain:
- Access to the online SRES® member database
- Access to the members-only section of the SRES® web site
- Consumer marketing materials
- Quarterly newsletter
- Marketing letters
- Scripts and concepts for contacting clients age 50+
Interested in sponsoring this class?
Click here for sponsorship info