Instructor: Ashlee D. Gonzales
$15 for SCCAOR Members
$20 for Non-Members
Real estate transactions in California often move at a rapid pace. New listings hardly spend any time on the MLS before offers come rolling in and the seller accepts a winning bid. The volume and pace of real estate in California makes for a very competitive market. However, completing real estate transactions involves many steps — from inspections, to disclosures, to contingencies, to close of escrow procedures. In a market that moves extremely fast, unexpected issues can arise that threaten the completion of the deal. These complications can kill a transaction — or worse, result in the loss of deposit funds and other purchase opportunities.
For agents and brokers this presentation will cover important details to help you manage potential risks and better understand the transaction process. We will discuss several topics related to pitfalls in real estate transactions, such as:
- Understanding the basics of contract law and its application to real estate transactions
- Applying the “Mirror-Image Rule” in the acceptance of contracts
- Using counter-offers, addenda, and amendments correctly and effectively
- Drafting & executing contingencies and notices to perform
- Avoiding the misnomer of “In Contract” vs. “Out of Contract”
- Addressing closing and financing issues, such as loan complications and title disputes
- Handling transactions affected by natural disasters
Interested in sponsoring this class?
Click here for sponsorship info