Real Estate Designations and Certifications
Why should you take a Designation or Certification class?
> Increase your skills, proficiency, and knowledge
> Stand out from the crowd
> Get acknowledged for your experience and expertise
Upcoming Designation and Certification
Classes at SCCAOR Office
Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) Designation Course
The overall goals of the Accredited Buyer’s Representative(ABR®) Designation course are to:
- Prepare real estate professionals to represent buyer-clients in real estate transactions and provide the quality of service and degree of fidelity to buyers that sellers have customarily enjoyed.
- Offer ideas and methods for building a buyer representation business.
- Develop a self-customized tool for conducting a buyer counseling session.
Upon completion of the two-day course and successfully passing the exam, you will have achieved ABR® candidate status, a three-year period during which you must fulfill the educational and experiential requirements to earn the Accredited Buyer’s Representative (ABR®) Designation awarded by the Real Estate Buyer’s Agent Council, Inc.
Seller Representative Specialist (SRS) Designation Course
The SRS Designation Course will redefine your ‘normal’ and reinvent the way you represent sellers. It provides a comprehensive foundation of skill development, training and resources to help real estate professionals represent the interests of sellers in today’s marketplace.
Students learn to:
- Increase listings and grow their business
- Demonstrate and communicate their value package to seller clients
- Understand and apply the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
- Understand and comply with state license laws when representing sellers
- Understand and apply methods, tools, and techniques to provide the support and services that sellers want and need
Pricing Strategy Advisor (PSA) certification
The Pricing Strategy Advisor (PSA) certification is specifically designed to enhance your skills in pricing properties, creating CMAs, working with appraisers, and guiding clients through the anxieties and misperceptions they often have about home values.
You will learn:
- The purpose and benefits of CMAs, and how to guide clients through them
- Terminology of pricing and valuation
- The Code of Ethics as it relates to pricing
- How to identify appropriate comparables, and where to find information about them
- The role of supply and demand in pricing
- How to adjust comparables
- Specific challenges and special situations in making adjustments
- How to work with appraisers
- How to hone your pricing skills and practices