MLSListings Adopts Clear Cooperation Policy
On April 15, 2020, the MLSListings Board of Directors adopted the California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.) model rule changes to implement the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR)-mandated MLS policy changes known as “Clear Cooperation” (i.e., Policy Statement 8).
Clear Cooperation Policy (CCP) rule enforcement begins on May 1, 2020.
Under the new rule, brokers and agents are still able to take an “office exclusive” listing. If so, they must still submit the signed form to the MLS or use the online exclusion feature in lieu of listing.
However, once a listing is excluded under the new rule, an agent can only promote the listing for sale within their own brokerage. If they promote, communicate, or advertise it in any way outside of their brokerage, they must add it to the MLS in Active status within one business day.
- This rule only applies to “excluded” or “exclusive” or “waivered” listings
- Listings entered as Coming Soon on the MLS may only be advertised as Coming Soon off the MLS
- MLSListings’ Compliance will provide a courtesy warning for a period of time. Fine amount is $500.00 for the first instance but will continue to escalate until the violation is cured and the listing is added. Fines for Showing violations have increased to $500.00 and are effective immediately.
Here are some great resources to help you understand the CCP:
- MLSListings’s Clear Cooperation Resource Page
- Video: MLSListings Clear Cooperation Implementation
- SCCAOR Webinar on the Clear Cooperation Policy
If you have any questions about CCP, please contact the MLSListings Compliance department at 408-874-0200 (option #5) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.