The purpose of the South County REALTORS® Alliance is to serve it’s membership in developing and promoting programs and services that will enhance the members freedom and ability to conduct their individual businesses successfully with integrity and competency, and through collective action, to promote the preservation of real property rights.
The South County REALTORS® Alliance (SCRA) is a real estate networking group comprised of full-time and part-time professional REALTORS®. SCRA was formed to provide exposure to our listed properties for sale and to better serve our buyers and the community they live in. We have been providing professional real estate services, educational opportunities, and community support to our local community for over 40 years. Educational opportunities include locally-held ongoing classes for REALTOR® and Affiliates sponsored by SCRA as well as classes sponsored and promoted by local mortgage and title companies.
To join SCRA, you must be a member of the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and California Association of REALTORS® (C.A.R.). To be one of our affiliates, you must be an affiliate member of the Santa Clara County Association of REALTORS® (SCCAOR).
Information and Resources
Welcome all to the South County REALTORS® Alliance, a chapter of the Santa Clara County Association of REALTORS® (SCRA). We have been providing professional real estate services, educational opportunities, and community support to our local community for over 40 years. Educational opportunities include locally-held ongoing classes for REALTORS® and Affiliates sponsored by SCRA as well as classes sponsored and promoted by local mortgage and title companies.
To view a copy of the SCRA By-Laws click here.
A scholarship program provides additional resources to our local area young adults attending college. If you would like more information regarding the SCRA scholarship program, please click here to contact us.
Raising Funds for SCRA
In the last four years, SCRA has raised over $80,000 for local charities through our Can Tree program. These funds provide assistance to selected local charities throughout the year. We have also delivered vast amounts of food to the local food banks. If you would like information on the Can Tree program, please click here to contact us.
Thank you for visiting the South County REALTORS® Alliance, a chapter of the Santa Clara County Association of REALTORS®.
Benefits of SCRA
Ten Important Benefits of SCRA Membership
- Knowledge – learn the community you work in by touring the active inventory, learning your local market, and seeing the neighborhoods
- Networking – develop professional relationships with your colleagues so you can be independent but not isolated
- Education – attend classes and seminars to improve your business and protect your livelihood
- Legislative Representation – our voice is collectively projected to lawmakers on important issues that affect our businesses
- Camaraderie – build lasting friendships while becoming a better business person and citizen
- Community Service – participate in our food bank and scholarship charities to help those in need and our aspiring scholars
- Protection – legal updates keep you abreast of the legislative changes that affect our profession
- Image – project a professional image to your clients through your membership in the local trade group that supports and gives back to its community
- Promotion – promote your business and yourself to your peers and clients at weekly meetings and with our sponsorship opportunities
- Professionalism – learn best practices from industry veterans and service providers
A scholarship program provides additional resources to our local area young adults attending college. If you would like more information regarding the SCRA scholarship program, click here to contact us.
Board of Directors
President –Margo Sparks
President Elect –Jill Toler
Vice-President – Stacie Quiroga
Past President –Lori Robitaille Biasca
Treasurer – Sal Esposito
Secretary –Tasha Cooper
Affiliate – Karisa Sarracino
Communication/Newsletter – Kinnaly Vongsa
Education/Scholarship – Sylvia Roche Bell
Sunshine – Diane Baty
Tour Morgan Hill/Gilroy – Shannon Sloan
Events – Caroline Hobbs
To contact SCRA click here.
Welcome to the Area 1 Marketing Meetings hosted by the SCRA!
Morgan Hill/San Martin and Gilroy
Meetings are open only to REALTORS® (dues-paying CAR/NAR members) and affiliate members of SCCAOR!
Shannon Sloan: 408-310-7100
Your $65 pre-paid annual door fee entitles you to membership in the SCRA. Membership in SCRA is NOT a requirement to put a home on tour. Affiliate members may bring up to two colleagues from their office to a meeting for no charge. Click here to join.
Morgan Hill/San Martin
Location & Time: Wednesdays at 9:00AM at the Morgan Hill Community Center – 17000 Monterey Rd. at E. Dunne Ave.
Open Tour follows right after meeting and agent must stay at the listing until 12:00pm. If the home is completely empty – meaning not staged and no personal items remain – the agent does not have to sit the house.
*Deadline to put a house on tour (or remove one) is 12:00PM sharp on Tuesday prior to tour for Morgan Hill/San Martin*
Location & Time: Thursdays at 9:00AM at the Old City Hall Building – 7400 Monterey Road. Open Tour follows right after the meeting and agent must stay at the listing until 12:00pm. If the home is completely empty – meaning not staged and no personal items remain – the agent does not have to sit the house.
*Deadline to put a house on tour (or remove one) is 12:00PM sharp on Wednesday prior to tour for Gilroy*
PS. If you want your Gilroy listing to show up on the SCCAOR email that goes out Tuesday afternoon, then you must
add it to the tour by Tuesday at noon.
How to Add Listing to the Tour
The Agent/Broker must enter the desired tour date on the MLS as follows:
- Tour Sponsor: SCCAOR – Santa Clara County Association of REALTORS®
- Tour Name: Choose Either Morgan Hill/San Martin or Gilroy….NOT CBVA!
- 1st Tour Date: The date of the desired tour. Wednesday for Morgan Hill/San Martin and Thursday for Gilroy.
- Remarks: Great way to share more information or offer a drawing or snacks if desired. If the home is vacant (completely empty of all items and not staged), write VACANT and the agents will know they can go direct.
Tour sponsors provide refreshments for the meeting. Typical fare might include donuts, bagels, yogurt etc. Sponsors are allowed a one minute presentation to the attendees, able to place flyers on the tables and are thanked on the tour sheet and by the Tour Captain.
To sponsor tour please contact Shannon Sloan: 408-310-7100
- Do I have to pay to have a house on tour? Yes in Gilroy. No in Morgan Hill, but to attend the marketing meeting you must pay $20 or prepay $65 for a whole year’s meetings.
- Do I have to attend the marketing meeting to put a house on tour? Yes in Gilroy. No in Morgan Hill, but it helps. Being at the meeting allows you to introduce yourself at the beginning of the meeting, and introduce your listing before we depart on tour.
- How long must I stay at my listing? Gilroy and Morgan Hill: You are expected to be at your listing from 10:00AM to 12:00PM. If your listing is completely empty (not staged), you do not have to be there.
How to check if your property is on area tour:
- Go to Matrix Search.
- Go to search then Scroll down to Tours.
- Select area or zip code and date.
Margo Sparks – 2024 SCRA President
As we step into the promising horizon of 2024, I am honored and privileged to extend my warmest greetings to each one of you as the President of the South County Realtor Alliance. This year holds the promise of new opportunities, growth, and success for our real estate community, and I am confident that together, we will achieve remarkable milestones.
Our theme for this year resonates with the spirit of gratitude—a sentiment that binds us together as real estate professionals and as individuals with a shared commitment to the South County communities of Morgan Hill, Gilroy, and San Martin. In the realm of real estate, gratitude is a powerful force that propels us forward, reminding us of the profound impact we have on the lives of our clients and the well-being of our communities.
First and foremost, let us express our heartfelt gratitude for our loved ones, whose unwavering support fuels our passion and dedication to the real estate profession. Our families are the pillars of strength that allow us to navigate the dynamic landscape of our industry, and we owe them a debt of gratitude for standing by us through the highs and lows.
As we reflect on the blessings of the past and the potential of the future, let us also extend our appreciation to the homes we represent. Each property tells a unique story, and it is our privilege to guide our clients in finding the perfect place to call home. May we approach every transaction with a deep sense of gratitude for the role we play in shaping the dreams and aspirations of those we serve.
Moreover, let us recognize and appreciate the brokerages we are affiliated with—the organizations that provide us with the tools, resources, and mentorship to thrive in the competitive real estate market. Our collective success is a testament to the collaborative efforts of these institutions, and we are grateful for the opportunities they afford us.
Most importantly, our gratitude extends to our clients, without whom our endeavors in real estate would be devoid of purpose. We are privileged to be entrusted with the monumental task of helping individuals and families navigate the journey of buying and selling homes. Their trust fuels our commitment to excellence, and we remain dedicated to exceeding their expectations in every transaction.
Lastly, let us not forget the incredible people of South County—the heartbeat of our communities. Their warmth, diversity, and sense of belonging create the foundation upon which our real estate endeavors thrive. We are privileged to serve these communities, and it is with profound gratitude that we embrace the responsibility of contributing to their growth and prosperity.
As we embark on this journey together, let the spirit of gratitude guide our actions, foster collaboration, and inspire us to reach new heights in 2024. With unity, dedication, and an attitude of thankfulness, there is no limit to what we can achieve as the South County Realtor Alliance.
Wishing you all a year filled with success, fulfillment, and the joy that comes from embracing gratitude.